[Discussion] Resources’s drop rate upon death

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Diamay, Apr 19, 2018.

Do we need to increase resources’s drop rate upon death?

1. Yes, depending of karma, x2;

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Yes, depending of karma, x3;

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Yes, independent of karma, like N %;

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. No, let it be as it is;

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. No, just make resources with less weight and reduce amount of caravans.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sattva

Sattva Lumberjack

Apr 4, 2020
    Hey! I didn't play Lineage 2, but i played another game with karma system, but there it was kinda opposite, if you PK your karma would decrease (go negative smh), and if you do good things your karma would increase, which is kinda confusing.
    So Thank you for bringing this up, @Filip

According to what i've learned from stydying Indian/Vedic Shastras:
    When a child is just born or pretty young he is completely free/ clean of karma, because he has baby consciousness and he doesn't know what's wrong and what's good.
    When a child starts to grow up he starts to gain karma for doing bad things (especially consciously), because he is now aware about whats good and bad. When you gain karma, you get consequences of the act (sometimes very tough for a man).
    There is no "bad" or "good" karma, there is just "karma". And in order to decrease it, there are a lot of different practices of how to "freeze" karma or "burn" karma.

As i've said above, there is no good or bad karma, but there is a good thing called holiness or piety.
    That's exactly what people call "good" karma. You can increase holiness inside by doing right things, and then burn it to get something good for you. So whenever you feel like your life is getting better, or you experience some real pleasure (except: Ascetism pleasure), you are burning your accumulated piety.

Or you can use it to help someone, in this case holiness wouldn't decrease, and both of you would experience goodness.
    That's what shastras say.

I hope that you will think about karma system. (dont think just about drop chances, its gotta be something more serious)
    Or may be even add second system such as holiness. (it could upper your drop rate chances for example and may be give access to some rare, holy mantras, at some value)
    Just think about it.

P.S. This whole karma and mantras system is really nice, its very relevant in todays world (and growing) i like it about you keep it up :)
    I think you will get more people interested in your game if you add these kind of spiritual things, not just raw melee fight. May be even add monk character, who doesn't have to fight haha, who knows what you can imagine.
    I wish you best of luck!