Terms of Service and Rules
Welcome to the Reign of Guilds forum!
These Forum Rules (the "Rules") are binding for all Users of the forum (the "Forum"). By creating a Forum Account, Users agree to all terms and conditions hereof in full without any exceptions. The Forum cannot be used for any purposes other than specified herein. Any information posted on the Forum is not binding, except for Administrator notifications. The Forum Administration cannot be held responsible for the content of any messages posted by Users. The exclusive responsibility for the content of messages posted lies with the authors thereof. The Forum Administration offers technical facilitation for Users to post and exchange messages only.
Terms used in these Rules:
Forum is an information resource for the Reign of Guilds game (the "Game") which address is www.reignofguilds.com/forum. Forum is based on UGC (user generated content) principles as regards the creation of the Forum materials by Users. The key purposes of this resource are:
- provision of Users interaction;
- giving Users the ability to post information;
- Information exchange between Users.
Users are individuals who have registered at the Forum. By registering at the Forum, Users agree to provide their personal data, to the required extent by the Forum Administration during registration or in the course of using the Forum. The User may cease being such in the event of an unlimited termination of User Account at the Forum, including due to a failure to provide data requested by the Administration or offense hereof.
Administration is Atlant Games ltd, legal address: Platonova st., 33, 185, Minsk, Belarus, 220005 (the "Company") supporting the functioning of the Forum through its employees authorized to govern the Forum (the "Administrators"). In order to meet legislative requirements and User interests, the authority to publish official information affecting such interests lies with the Administration; the titles of such publications are accompanied by an ‘Official’ inscription.
Account is a member account, created by a User and owned by Company, which constitutes a set of User authentication data, necessary for the User’s identification (authentication) at the Forum.
1. General information
1.1. These Rules govern the interaction of a User with the Administration and other Users in the course of using the Forum and are binding for all Users and Administrators.
1.2. Any amendments and additions hereto will come into force upon their publication.
1.3. The Forum is public either for access or for registration of the Account at the Forum and its further usage by anybody. By registering at the Forum, you automatically accept the Rules. Otherwise, the Forum Administration may restrict your access to the Forum or block your account permanently.
1.4. The main language used in the English section of the Forum is English. All messages in any other languages will be removed. This restriction is imposed to ensure the quality of moderation.
1.5. Beside the general Forum rules, there are certain rules that apply only to particular sections of the Forum. Such rules are published in the respective sections of the Forum.
1.6. The Forum is post-moderated, which means that messages posted by Users at the Forum are not preliminary reviewed, edited or modified in any form, but can be removed after being posted by a User, should they offend the Forum rules, effective legislation or in other cases provided for hereby.
1.7. The Forum Administration cannot be held responsible for the content of any messages posted by Users. The exclusive responsibility for the content of messages posted lies with the authors thereof. By registering at the Forum, Users agree not to use the Forum to post information which is deliberately false and/or offensive, indecent materials, as well as information that offends the right of other Forum Users to privacy, or any other materials violating applicable legislation.
1.8. The User agrees not to post any copyrighted material without obtaining permission from the copyright holder. Otherwise, the Administration may remove the materials offending the rights of copyright holders and apply the relevant restrictions to the Account from which they are published, up to complete unlimited ban of the User Account at the Forum.
1.9. The Administration reserves the right to remove messages, topics, links, etc. without warning, as well as modify these Rules.
2.1. You can view the effective staff of Administrators by following this link.
2.2. Administration staff is responsible for maintaining the Forum functionality and enforcing the order in it either by technical cooperation or by using moderation tools available at the Forum.
2.3. In case of any offense hereof, the Forum Administration may apply disciplinary measures comprised of various types of temporary or permanent Account blocking and restriction of its Forum functions. If you discover any offenses hereof please use the ‘Complaint’ function at the Forum.
2.4. Please note that this function is intended to report an offense of the Rules only. The use of this function for other purposes, including to draw attention to your own Forum post will be considered as its abuse. Abusing this function is classified as an offense and may result in penalties at the discretion of the Administration.
2.5. The Administration is not responsible for any temporary technical failures or disruptions in the operation of the Forum or communication lines and other similar failures, as well as for any problems with a computer from which the User accesses the Internet.
2.6. Administration may request identification data from the User and block the User’s access to the Forum, should the User deny such a request.
2.7. Administration may remove, move or edit topics or posts without notifying the Forum Users.
3. Naming Accounts, Avatars and Characters
3.1. The following rules apply to the names of the characters in the Game (the "Characters") and the names of Accounts. If an Account or a Character is assigned a name which is not in compliance herewith, a warning notice will be issued in regard of the respective Account or Character, and the Administration will enforce renaming of the Account to read as ‘ROG12312352’. In case of severe or repeated offenses of the Account naming rules, an Account may be blocked.
3.2. The following types of names of Accounts and Characters are prohibited:
- directly or indirectly referring to registered trademarks;
- directly or indirectly referring to real government officials;
- directly or indirectly offending another person or a group of persons or containing profanity;
- containing real names/game names of the Forum Administrators or directly or indirectly alluding to the ownership of the Account or Character by the Administration;
- directly or indirectly using vulgar expressions or offensive language;
- directly or indirectly containing names of narcotic substances or illegal actions;
- directly or indirectly containing references to acts of sexual or violent nature;
- having a racist nature or aimed at discriminating a certain group of people;
- directly or indirectly containing references to religions or religious figures;
- containing advertisement of a site, a group in a social network or an organization (does not apply to the Game communities promoting themselves);
- containing information that violates applicable law or ethical conduct norms.
3.4. The Administration and the Company reserve the right to make a final decision on the compliance of the names of Accounts and Characters with the Company's rules.
4. Creating messages and topics
4.1. Before creating messages (posts) or Discussion topics, please make sure your message or topic complies herewith.
4.2. Before creating a discussion topic or asking a question in any form, please make sure that such topic does not already exist on the Forum and the question has not been answered yet to avoid double/multiple questions or topics bearing the same meaning. To this effect, we strongly recommend that you use the Forum search option.
4.3. When creating a topic, Users are obliged to:
- articulate the subject of discussion clearly given the section’s subject and adhere to the subject of the topic when sending messages in the future;
- read additional rules (if any) or a description of a specific section of the Forum;
- select an appropriate Forum section with a similar thematic focus.
4.4. Users should use the Forum only to discuss the set subject of the Forum and/or the Forum section.
4.5. The Forum prohibits Users from making the posts containing the following:
- trading (or discussion of trading) of Game characters, items, services for character upgrades or Accounts for money/money equivalents/material or immaterial rights and other properties. Advertisement of such services is also prohibited;
- advertising any campaigns, organizations or websites not relating to the Forum;
- links to resources containing information or programs used in violation of applicable legislation (including intellectual property and copyright protection);
- materials directly or indirectly violating the copyright and/or other rights of individuals and legal entities. Materials directly or indirectly violating international laws and applicable legislation;
- any advertising information not related to the Forum or the Game. The Forum also prohibits public advertising of Internet resources (websites, forums, etc.) that have nothing to do with the Company’s resources. The Forum also prohibits adding links to other resources or images violating the Rules in the signature (or profile, etc.) This does not apply to the links to the Users' home pages. In any case, texts calling to visit such pages are prohibited;
- abuse of codes (tags), colors, capital letters;
- discussion of any vulnerabilities of the Game, Game code, Company Websites, User Accounts, game play or similar topics.
- pass on messages from Users whose Accounts are ‘Read Only’ or ‘Blocked’;
- quote posts containing clear violation of the Rules;
- intentionally or accidentally impersonate another User, Administrator or employee of the Company;
- insult in any way Users, Administrators, employees of the Company, owners of the Game, and any third party;
- criticize the actions of the Administration relating to the Forum governance, unless in designated Forum sections.
5. Private messages
5.1. Private messages of Users (conversations) are generally not reviewed by Administration to detect violations hereof; however, same rules apply to this part of the Forum as well. You can flag the messages in conversation that violate the Forum rules by clicking ‘Complaint.
6. Penalties and types of penalties
The Forum Administration may at their own discretion apply the following restrictions to a User for violating of any of the Forum Rules:
“Read-Only” status designation
“Read-only” status means a restriction that blocks a User’s ability to use the Account, namely to create/send new messages on the Forum, create new topics on the Forum and its sections, sending messages to other Users. A User with this status can only read the materials published on the Forum.
“Blocked” (“Ban”) status designation
“Ban” status means a temporary or permanent limitation of the User’s rights to use the Account on the Forum, meaning: blocking of a User’s Account and all of its Forum abilities and functions.
7. Violation of the Forum Rules
The Forum rules (applied to private messages, topics, messages and profiles) explicitly prohibit the following actions:
7.1. Creating multiple Accounts.
7.2. Usage of profanity, masked profanity, vulgar expressions, inflammatory language.
7.3. Threats and flames to other Users.
7.4. Derogatory attitude, or offenses based on racial and/or national prejudice.
7.5. A veiled or explicit attempt to provoke forum users to insult. For the "Fight me!" thread preferential terms are applied.
7.6. Posting photos/videos and other materials of NSFW/shocking/pornographic nature in messages and profiles.
7.7. Political discussions.
7.8. Trading (or discussion of trading) of Game characters, items, services for character upgrades or Accounts for money/money equivalents/material or immaterial rights and other properties.
7.9. Intentionally or accidentally impersonate another User, Administrator or employee of the Company.
7.10. Name Account not in accordance with the rules prescribed in paragraph 3.1. - 3.3. Account name that violates these Rules shall be replaced by another at the discretion of the Administration. If the user does not agree with the change of the account name, he can contact the Administration through personal messages and replace it with the preferred One.
7.11. Off-topic messages, messages flood, spam. Creating multiple messages with same content, creating messages/topics that bear no practical meaning, or intentionally splitting the messages/topics which could fit into one, or deviating from the topic of discussion are forbidden. Such actions are considered as offense. The exceptions are the threads "Tavern" and "Guilds" - in these sections the author is allowed to raise the topic every 72 hours.
7.12. Disclosure of the personal correspondence with other Users and its display in the public threads on the Forum.
7.13. Other Users personal information disclosure (addresses, numbers, photos, etc.) without their knowledge and consent.
7.14. Posting links on exe-files, archives and malware.
7.15. Phishing, spamming activity.
Such actions are considered as offense hereof and the Administration may impose a relevant penalty at their discretion.
8. Penalties for violations
For violations listed in paragraph 7 of the Rules, the Administration of the forum gives penalty points in accordance with the table below:
|Violations||Points||Expiration Date (d)|
|Flood, monosyllabic messages (7.11.)||1||10|
|Threats, flames (7.3.)||4||20|
|Political discussions (7.7.)||4||20|
|Discrimination of users (7.4.)||5||30|
|Inappropriate nickname (7.10.)||5||30|
|Placing inappropriate content (7.6.)||8||60|
|Disclosure of personal correspondence (7.12.)||8||60|
|Personal info disclosure (7.13.)||8||60|
|Impersonate the administration (7.9.)||10||90|
|Links to exe.-files (7.14.)||10||90|
|Multiple accounts (7.1.)||100||Never|
|Trading game values (7.8.)||100||Never|
|Spam / Phishing (7.15.)||100||Never|
When recruiting control points, the address is assigned the status "Blocked" or "Read Only" in accordance with the table below:
If you have certain issues or questions you cannot find a solution for on the Forum or in the FAQ section, you may contact Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Limitation of liability
10.1. The User understands and agrees that he/she uses the Forum at his/her own risk.
10.2. The responsibility for the information posted by a User lies with himself/herself.
10.3. The Administration does not guarantee that:
- the Forum will fully meet the Users’ requirements;
- access to the Forum will be provided in a continuous, quick and reliable manner;
- the information posted by Users on the Forum is reliable.
Thank you for understanding, dear users and future players, and good luck on our Forum!