Regarding the two community languages

Discussion in 'Questions for admins' started by Necromantic, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Necromantic

Necromantic III degree of vocation

Jan 12, 2020
    From the Lack of development information topic:
    My question in this regard is: Are you looking for an international community or two communities, international and Russian? Are you looking into merging them at some point?

I understand the native language of the devs is Russian but why have both? I am not a native English speaker myself and I have absolutely nothing against Russian in general but in a way you are dividing up the community. Having a Russian and an English section in the Forums and the Discord segregates the community and it duplicates everything. While the Russian sections are "more" active, the English one seems desolate. And especially with discussions regarding features or dev blogs in general it kind of makes discussing it in English pointless because there is a lot more discussion going on on the Russian side which we can't even take part in or read anything of.

I just realized how detrimental this is now that I posted something to the dev blog in the English section and then noticing that in the Russian section there is way more going on and I basically can't contribute.
    You basically have the same discussion on two sides that are completely separated with one of them being more active but also less accessible than the other.
    All this makes it harder to contribute for non-Russian speakers, it makes it less likely that new non-Russian people will join or even be interested in the game because the community basically seems dead when looking at the English side of things.

As I said, I understand the origin language being Russian, the bigger part of the community being Russian and the game still being early in development but these are my concerns regarding this. And while I'd like to contribute and chime in on topics it does slightly discourage me from doing so and I know it will have even more of that effect on other people that aren't as forthcoming as I can be.

I also noticed you have a German section and as a German myself I can tell you you don't need or want that. :p

• Like! Like! x 2
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020