Magicka + Weapon

Discussion in 'Concept' started by Myrmex Thraxvágr, May 13, 2020.

1. Myrmex Thraxvágr

Myrmex Thraxvágr IV degree of vocation ROG Club

May 11, 2020
    Hey I am fairly new to the whole idea, but I've spent the last 5 days to get into the world of Reign of Guilds.

Now I've seen magic is only available for pure mage playstyles. How is that so? Why not think about doing a combination of Warrior and Magicka. A Warrior that uses one weapon in one hand and a magicka in another. I would love to see this in one game, up until now only lord of the rings had it.

I know the whole deal with ... If I can use range type and close type attacks, why would I need archery right?
    Well make it so the spells are lesser effective if used only by one hand or so. Make physical dmg stronger than magicka dmg. So arrows and weapons can be more dreadful than magic, normally it is the other way around.
    To be honest I'd like to see how magic in this game can be used for in utility while combat ... like moving a friend over a wall or retreat him back to your position or teleport somewhere safer.

As a leader I would love to hold a Sword in a hand while managing my guys in combat, its something I've missed in many games, able to be on the frontline while be supportive. This could be game breaking and would need to be tested through for sure, though I believe this might your game even better.

Well this is just a concept that could be introduced at a very later stage aswell! Idle thoughts of mine.
    Thanks for the read and replies. Maybe there are better ideas? Lets think.

• Like! Like! x 4
  2. wain

wain Count Benefactor Emissary ROG Club

Feb 28, 2019
    So magic can use all professions, but not all magic spells (powders) is available for physical builds, same as max lvl inquisitor (fire mage) have access for highest powder to cast highest spell's.
    Now we know that for cast magic spell you need special powder, each powder have own requirements to user. Exceptions is mantras: mantra maded for professions who are not focus at magic, but for example we need to increase attribute in 4 magic attributes (earth,fire,water,wind). How to do it with a sword or axe?
    As we know you get exp in physical attributes by causing damage to mob or enemy player. % of exp goes like this: if you use 2handed axe - you will get 90% strength and 10% agility; 2handed sword - 80% strength and 20% agility; proportions are approximate.
    But we need for example lvl up earth attribute, here help's mantra: if you use needed mantra for that, it will change proportions: 80% earth and 20% agility.
    Same system affects all gear, they all have requirements; about bonuses we can see following trend: more metal you wear less defensive you are to a magic damage and vice versa.
    in game around 1000 items (weapon\armor\powders) only 10% of them are bound to profession's.

• Like! Like! x 4
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  3. Myrmex Thraxvágr

Myrmex Thraxvágr IV degree of vocation ROG Club

May 11, 2020
    Ah very insightful. That actually launches much more questions ... hum hehe
    So magicka is based upon powder that one holds in his hands and everyone is free to use any magic there is, depending on their skill lvl and the skill necessary to actually use that very Magic. Is Magicka bound to be used by two hands? Or is there a way to also use magic on one hand and a weapon on another.
    Oh so mantra is what physical type of players like Warriors can use while they train their weaponskill they can train any magic type of attribute?
    A useful tool to change how you lvl up. So more heavy armored are more damageable by magic but more clothy is more resistant.
    Are crafters able to change resistance attributes of an Armor? Like lets say. Heavy Armor has good resistance towards blade but less against piercing. Or is any Equipment bound to a certain resistance? ... I haven't actually found anything about this ...
    Also are we bound by classes? Like when I am a Gladiator who has skilled two handers only ... can I not start using magic after it but of course will lose my predecessing skill depending on Skill points available to use while leveling up?

• Like! Like! x 3
  4. wain

wain Count Benefactor Emissary ROG Club

Feb 28, 2019
    its not only way to use mantras. Yes but dont forget that you are limited where to set up you attributes by your profession.
    [​IMG]
    • blue 15.60 max lvl
    • yellow 60.60 max lvl
    • red 60.15 max lvl
    • More about a lvl in ROG:
    • for example assasin (55.17lvl):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So how you gonna set a atributes is your choice, but being universal not mean OP. Being universal gives you more ways to equip your top-character. (Lets not forget that every profession have their own set of skills).
    Also more info about quality items - link , and items overall - link
    According Roadmap, we will see twin weapons, 2h powders, 2H Staff's. But you cant use powder and weapon at same time, 1handed powders can be used only with shield at the same time.

• Like! Like! x 3
    Last edited: May 14, 2020