[Discussion] Combined Magic

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Diamay, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Diamay

Diamay Count

Jan 17, 2018
    Dear friends!

Development stage is moving further and further and with that, we would like to share some of our thoughts with you. We’ve decided that magic system must not be attached to buff system. Especially when we have platform that allows to create lots of exclusive mechanics.

Therefore, please welcome Combined Magic System

The title says all: powders won’t have any specific element requirements, but you’ll have to master different elements to use the powder.

This kind of magic influences physics of characters and objects.

Some conceptual examples of this mechanics are:

1) Air streams - will move characters with power of air. The magic can even cast them away and protect siege weapons by holding them in specific spot.
    2) Freeze - cold air locks the target and lower cooldown time or even covers earth with ice. If character steps on frozen land, he will slide and his speed will be reduced.
    3) Landfall - will cover path in specific area. One can get rid of barrier only by using another type of Combined Magic.
    5) Fire stream - melts ice, burns the ground and provides damage once character is hit by this spell.
    6) Smoke and Gas - might create smoke veil or be used as toxic weapon
    7) Fire wave, vacuum and so on.

When you create and propose ideas about any new magic spell, please don’t forget to specify:
    1. Type (channel, projectile, projectile+AOE, AOE and so on);
    2. Main Element + Supportive element;
    3. How this very effect looks in character’s palm;
    4. How this very effect will look when applied on target;
    5. How this very effect will look when applied on character;
    6. Description of spell - what does it do, how it works.

• Like! Like! x 1
  2. Miroku

Miroku III degree of vocation

Apr 16, 2018
    Something like Hard rain
    1. AoE
    2. Water+Air
    3. Water bubbles on character's palms
    4. Dark cloud in the air, lightnings, hard rain
    5. Dark cloud in the air, lightnings, hard rain
    6. Creates effect on enemies - "wet"; it can be used for some combos like "you deal less damage with fire to the target under this effect", "you deal more damage with air <...>", "target under this effect will be freezed for double time".

• Like! Like! x 1
  3. Kozzion

Kozzion III degree of vocation

Apr 8, 2018
    Tornado

1. Channel
    2. Air + land (wind)
    3. Hand is making circular motion going from slow to fast creating whirwind cirxles surrounding his hand.
    4. Player spins around itself like a whirlwind up in the air and 3 or 5 second later falls down on ground (with or without damage)
    6. Used for Crowd Control picking off targets.
    Ticking low dmg as long as the cast lasts (3-5 sec) while a dmg hit when falling onto the ground.

• Like! Like! x 2
  4. Radvald

Radvald Администратор ROG Club

Jan 25, 2018
    Took it into work
    Hope will see it next patch

• Like! Like! x 2
  5. Kozzion

Kozzion III degree of vocation

Apr 8, 2018
    Awesome! Can't wait to see it :-D

• Like! Like! x 1
  6. Reelix

Reelix III degree of vocation

Apr 26, 2018
    Meteorite
    1. AOE
    2. Earth, fire, air
    3. flaming round stone
    4. leaves flaming stones on the ground that deal damage;
    5. Deals stun and damage instantly and periodically (as AOE effect);

• Like! Like! x 1
  7. Stellyus

Stellyus III degree of vocation

Apr 26, 2018
    Water blob:
    1. Missile that thrown to character’s head
    2. Water, air
    3. Water sphere
    4. Covers enemy head
    5. Waste of enemy HP also slows donw stamina recovery and reduces vision range

• Like! Like! x 1
  8. Miroku

Miroku III degree of vocation

Apr 16, 2018
    Blizzard
    1. Targeted on the ground;
    2. Water, Air;
    3. Air sphere covered with snowflakes;
    4. AOE with strong wind and snow;
    5. Creates blind spot in AOE, slows down enemy’s speed and stamina recovery.

• Like! Like! x 1
  9. Jumper

Jumper II degree of vocation

Apr 25, 2018
    Elemental rain

1) AOE
    2) Air or any any other element - active element is the one that player choose upon creation of missile.
    3) Sphere
    4) Creates the fall of missile from the sky: hail, fireball, rocks. Depends on element chosen.
    5) Damage depends on how player mastered the element in use.

• Like! Like! x 1
  10. Myrmex Thraxvágr

Myrmex Thraxvágr IV degree of vocation ROG Club

May 11, 2020
    Vampirism

1) Projectile
    2) Blood + Dark element
    3) Absorbing Blood through hand
    4) Consuming Health, Stamina/Magicka from your oppenent
    5) X
    6) This is sometimes called Vampirism, you suck someones blood or health, that regenerates yours instead while absorbing his, could be useful for warrior mages.

Sparked Bubble

1) Projectile
    2) Water + Lightning
    3) Lightnings in your hand
    4) Shocking your opponnent, doing damage and stun for 1 milisec.
    5) X
    6) This would called Sparked Bubble, first you throw a water bubble and a small lightining that would stun you for 1 milisec to get them out of their rythm.

• Like! Like! x 1
  11. Arlo Azera

Arlo Azera III degree of vocation

Aug 29, 2018
    I would find it interesting if u made both a projection & AOE spell called the Leaching Void by using dark element + void if void is a thing but to use it u must be bad cause if u aren't it add a draining effect to your mgk if you have no magic left it uses your up & if u have no hp then ur exp/lvl as well that last for a while if it's the hp & magic, but for exp/lvl it makes it harder to get for a bit & it has a long cool down when using the AOE for the look it would be light being drawn into the palm with a grasping motion into a fist and making a pale blue void light come out your finger, when u release it by doing a push & opening the hand the effect is simply leaching armor durability along with hp & mgk when used on ppl the effect is simply to make it more of a bad karma use spell the effects for the bad karma will be the same just less & without the exp/lvl that's just to make those who aren't high lol or evil hesitant to use it .

Another but an AOE spell called Hungry Abyss which is dark element + wind which when used will make a dark fog appear that make it hard for those with good karma or who or to move,see,attack which will get stronger the longer they stay in it then it while slowly draining hp & mgk which also gets stronger, to make it worse make it turn the movement buttons around left is right & right is left & up is down & down is up same or the view also make it so the people with bad karma & the one who used it get a sort of vision that lets them see blue human shaped figures in the fog for good people & orange for those who they are fighting but red for those with bad karma & a slight green around the red to show they are allies,the effect would be both hands of the caster clench in front of him as he is surrounded by a black fog being drawn in then he flings his arms out releasing it .

A good one I think would be a AOE and projectile for taking out enemy kingdoms crops of would be something called the Pestilence curse element a sub element of dark + wind which just affects plants & if the players don't use light element to get rid of it then it will slowly rot the crops the effect would be the a breathing in sound as the caster bring their hand near their face then blowing out sound as a slightly sickly yellow wind from flows from the hand.

Another new spell idea someone will mention at some point probably called Shadows Shroud which uses dark element and is a unique invisibility spell for thieves/assassin and it draws in the shadows near u to cast it that's all simple and when in light it goes away but when leveled up last longer in light.

• Like! Like! x 1
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
  12. Arlo Azera

Aug 29, 2018
    Stuff like this for people with bad karma will give them a bit more of an advantage that makes it so players can't freely hunt them for items and stuff

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  13. Arlo Azera

Aug 29, 2018
    Another one I came up with a projectile & AOE which is more for bad karma players is Death Link dark element + life element connects those who cast the spell and the target of the projectile or targets of the AOE when one dies the other does as well, appears in hand as a misty red heart cast by crushing while aiming at target for projectile & cast by raising hand into air & crushing for AOE both caster & targets get a heart above their head does not affect allies.

Wild Death Link AOE spell ignores those who are allies can be used to create a mass link when anyone is killed everyone connected dies as well used for those who are willing to the together and links those who used single Death Link on targets together even if the projectiles target is out of reach as long as caster is caught in it can still kill the target as well truly a dark spell, appears in hand as heart with two daggers stabbed in it casted the same way one above is.

A version for the good karma Life Link projectile & AOE light element + life element connects those who are allies or cast on when the one who cast is killed heals players 50% of their health, appears in hand as a cross same with when it appears above head does not affect enemies.

Good version of Wild Death Link, Life's Grace self-sacrifice AOE light element + life + death takes allies affected by Wild Death Link spell & transfers it onto themselves then caster sacrifices their life to kill those who cast Wild Death Link connected including all connected, appears as a shield with a cross emblem cast by raising hand into air replaces allies affected by Wild Death Links symbol above their head with with this spells instead caster then has a figure stabbing their own heart appear above their head & then dies killing those who used Wild Death Link & are connected.

14. AtaliS

AtaliS Forum Warrior ROG Club

Jul 19, 2017
    Calm down.
    A good imagination.The team solves technical problems.
    They don't forbid you to dream.
    But it is unlikely that this will be implemented
    You never know.
    The idea is good, but how to implement it?

• Like! Like! x 1
  15. Arlo Azera

Aug 29, 2018
    I know but some games have spells like these but not as advanced with how it's casted and whatnot honestly they could change it however they want i was just telling my version of it I came up with cause some games have spells where u can use your own health to heal other's and sacrificing spells but I think they were probably mods made by people saw this type of thing I would say 2 years ago in some games don't remember what the names were though. People with bad karma really seem to be at a big disadvantage from what I have read and there usually is a lot of people who like to kill npc and players doing stuff like dropping items the higher ur karma is and how lucky the person is as well as i think making bad karma players lose exp I think i read or it was just items but stuff like that will either make then hesitate to do it or not do it at all which will make the game much less fun for then bounties and jail time like in skyrim I would get but stuff like this if there aren't more things to help bad people like spells or other things makes it completely pointless to do.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  16. AtaliS

Jul 19, 2017
    Necromancy again. There is a profession can and will be such magic.

17. Arlo Azera

Aug 29, 2018
    I know and I just edited the message above near the end for the reasons i came up with such spell in the first place and I made good versions cause if they somehow did get added players would complain about not having a way to fight against them.

18. AtaliS

Jul 19, 2017
    The main thing is balance.
    But this is the concern of the game developers.

• Like! Like! x 1
  19. Arlo Azera

Aug 29, 2018
    Yep and honestly only came up with the ideas cause not only would someone else have but also because the people who like to kill players and npc have a really big disadvantage if that's how things are gonna be sure they said they will make towns and places for those who are bad so they can not have to be afraid and what not about being killed whenever they travel and also they made a few other small things but I'm like those only help if they are at those places u made for bad karma people other than that if they don't do more it's completely pointless anyway cause if good people just camp at those places outside even if they can't enter or if they can they have less attack damage and defense if there are large groups or are high level it is still pointless anyway that's all I'm saying which is par the reason i came up with those spells see how it still isn't really that helpful if the good players can just do stuff like that?

20. AtaliS

Jul 19, 2017
    Hm... The karma system works for everyone.
    The table-based player killer has a number of drawbacks.
    And so all are equal within the game law.
    No need to panic about PK.